We are so excited that you have decided to be a part of this weekend, and we are praying God does incredible things. We are also thankful for Palmetto Shores Church for hosting this event, joining other churches across the state doing the same thing. Here are some things that you might want to know as you prepare to come tomorrow:
1. Survey - https://forms.gle/BFb7rE1knu7VjA6UA If you haven't filled this out please do so asap so I have some information.
2. Weather Nothing like the coldest weekend in Myrtle Beach to welcome us, but it will be awesome. We will have fire pits going, but plan to bring layers!!! DRESS FOR COLD!
3. Covid Precautions While we are excited that this weekend is happening, please keep the following in mind: - If you are sick, please do not come - While we are there and physical distancing is not possible, please wear your mask as much as possible (it will keep you warm). - We will be outside most of the time, let's still be responsible and practice healthy habits.
4. Camping Location and Details We are camping in the overflow camping area at Myrtle Beach State Park. This area should afford us a great spot for the weekend. There is a parking lot convenient to this area. A couple things you should know: - There is a bath house right near the camping spots (bathrooms and shower) - Outside of the bathhouse and the shelters, there is no power - so plan on not using your phone unless you have a powerbank - but I would encourage you to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible! - I tried to make sure everyone had a tent and sleeping bag via the form, so if you have questions or you are still in need, please let me know asap! - If you have a tarp for your tent to sit on, it might help you stay warmer or even a sleeping pad would help!
5. Food Plan - The following will be provided - dinner Friday night (cookout type of food), breakfast Saturday (pancakes, bacon), lunch Saturday (pizza), dinner Saturday, breakfast Sunday (donuts). S'mores items will be available one night. A variety of drinks will be provided. - If you want other snacks or food, please plan appropriately.
6. Tentative Itinerary with Activities FRIDAY ARRIVAL AND SETUP: 3-5 recommended DINNER: 6:30pm WORSHIP:7:30pm or when we are ready post-dinner CAMPFIRE AND HANG OUT TIME SATURDAY WAKE UP AND BREAKFAST: 8:30-9:00ish DEVOTION BY BEACH GROUP TIME LUNCH: 12:00 FREE TIME: afternoon DINNER: 5:30-6:00pm WORSHIP: post dinner CAMPFIRE TIME SUNDAY WAKE UP AND BREAKFAST DEVOTION PACK UP AND HEAD OUT
7. Arrival Plan You can arrive to check-in after 3pm. When you arrive at Myrtle Beach State Park, you do NOT have to pay the entry fee. At the entrance shed, tell the operator that you are part of the group camping and that your parking pass is with the leader inside. They should let you in for free. After passing there, continue on passing the office on the right. As you approach the beach and close to the split in the road, there is a parking lot on the right (it is the overflow camping area and may have a sign for trailer parking)- turn into this parking lot. The entrance to where we will be camping is all the way on the far side. After parking walk up the path and find Sarah who will be at a table near the bathhouse. (If it is not muddy, you might be able to drive up into this area to unload).
Once at the park, you will receive all your check-in items, begin setting up camp, and hang out until dinner time. Dinner time will be around 6:30pm.